Asthma is a chronic lung disease characterized by a decreased ability to breathe easily. The flow of air in and out of the lungs is obstructed in the airways that carry air to the air sacs deep inside the lung. The larger airways (bronchi), branches into smaller airways (bronchioles), which may be obstructed by tightening of muscles, irritation or swelling in the airways, and accumulation of mucous thereby resulting in asthma. Asthma can either be acute or chronic. Symptoms associated with asthma are coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness.
Common Causes of Asthma
Allergy to pollen, dust mites
Sulfites in food
Home Remedies for Asthma
- Mix 1 tsp honey with ½ tsp cinnamon powder. Consume just before sleeping.
- Boil 8-10 cloves of garlic in ½ cup of milk. Have at night. Good for early stages of asthma.
- Figs are good for draining phlegm. Wash 3-4 dry figs with water. Soak in 1 cup of water. Eat these on an empty stomach and drink the water that the figs were soaked in also. Do not eat anything else for an hour at least. Do this for 2 months.
- Add 1 tsp of honey in very hot water and sip slowly. Take this just before sleeping to remove phlegm from the throat.
- In 1 cup of water soak 1 tspn of Fenugreek seeds overnight. Strain. Add 1 tspn of Ginger juice and 1 tspn of honey to this. This should be taken morning and evening.